Passion. That’s the common attribute of those who work for Connections for Children. We are dedicated to helping the children, families, and educators who live in our community and who utilize our services.
If you’re ready to make a difference, upload your cover letter and resume and tell us your interests. We’ll consider you for future opportunities.
Resource and Referral Manager
Connections for Children (CFC) is seeking a collaborative, adaptable, and enthusiastic professional, experienced in the field of early care and education, to join our mission-driven organization.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the R&R Manager is responsible for the planning, implementation, and contract compliance of CFC’s core R&R services, professional development, trauma-informed initiatives, and other programs as assigned.
The R&R Manager will work in close collaboration with the R&R Supervisor, Coaching Supervisor, and Trauma-Informed Care (TIC) Program Supervisor, and CFC Leadership Team to achieve desired results. The R&R Manager will:
• Oversee the full portfolio of R&R programs and services to ensure all goals and objectives are achieved and reporting requirements are met.
• Supervise and guide all R&R activities, including child care resources & referrals to parents; provider trainings and coaching; TIC training and supports; family engagement; and cross-agency collaboratives.
• Serve on the CFC Leadership Team to identify, create, and implement programs, policies, and practices that strengthen the agency’s ability to address staff and client needs.
• Represent CFC and communicate our mission and services among a variety of stakeholders.
• Manage and advise R&R Supervisors and Department staff to ensure contract compliance of all R&R contracted programs and services.
• Oversee the ongoing development, refinement, and implementation of all R&R programs and services to ensure quality and maximize impact.
• Review and analyze various R&R program databases and data to ensure technology systems are current and data is up-to-date and accurate.
• Track and report on R&R program deliverables and expenditures.
• Monitor and approve all R&R program expenditures.
• Monitor R&R contract requirements and implement changes, as needed.
Program Development & Integration
• Lead R&R Department in the development, refinement, and implementation of the R&R Department’s portfolio.
• Collaborate with Leadership Team and colleagues across to promote program integration in order to increase impact and efficiency.
• Work with Leadership Team and colleagues to plan, fund, and rollout new/expanded services that advance CFC’s mission and goals.
• Keep up to date on research and best practices related to early childhood development, and children’s behavioral and mental health issues, as well as child care trends, laws and regulations.
Community Engagement & Collaboration
• Develop and maintain professional and positive working relationships with CFC colleagues, Board members, consultants and external stakeholders, including fellow R&R agencies, contractors, community partners, and clients.
• Support agency efforts to build awareness of our array of services to support enrollment in our child care subsidy programs, utilization of resource and referral services, and participation in professional development, and family enrichment programs.
• Help plan and participate in agency events and activities that advance CFC’s mission and goals, such as Holiday Angels, the Betsy Awards, CFC Families in the Park, and other community-based events.
• Attend and engage in related early childhood committees and workgroups, convened by the Child Care Alliance of Los Angeles (CCALA), the California Child Care Resource & Referral Network (CCCRRN), and other partners.
Leadership & Staff Development
• Provide daily onsite leadership and supervision to R&R Department and remote support to staff working in the field.
• Serve on the CFC Leadership Team to identify, create, and implement programs, policies, and practices that strengthen the agency’s address ability to address staff and client needs.
• Identify, monitor, and address needs related to R&R Department staff and functions.
• Supervise, coach, and support R&R supervisors and team members to ensure excellent customer service, quality assurance, and program compliance.
• Plan and facilitate regular Department, team, and individual check-in meetings with Department staff.
• Identify and support opportunities for staff development and professional growth.
Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Care and Education (ECE), Child Development, or related social services field. Master’s Degree desired.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a child care Resource & Referral agency.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience supervising a team of direct reports.
• Experience planning and implementing ECE programs and services in Los Angeles County.
• Experience working with community members and partners in CFC’s service area desired.
• Demonstrated leadership skills including ability to manage, motivate, and coach teams.
• Demonstrated experience in program and budget development, implementation, monitoring, and reporting.
• Demonstrated experience writing and presenting error-free messages for various audiences.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• History of punctual and consistent attendance in the workplace.
• Well-organized and able to self-manage competing priorities.
• Ability to exercise discretion and practice good judgment at all times.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and collaborative; ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, supporters and community members.
• Must have reliable transportation to regularly attend off-site meetings, trainings, and other work-related events.
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
• Commitment to the mission and goals of Connections for Children.
We offer an excellent benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.